Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research from the
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "It was found that the optimized core shell nanoislands nearly doubles the short circuit photocurrent density from 9.4 mA/cm(2) to 17.5 mA/cm(2), and has little impact on the open circuit voltage, resulting in a substantial uplift of the energy conversion efficiency."
For more information on this research see: Plasmonic enhanced dye-sensitized solar cells with self-assembly gold-TiO2@core-shell nanoislands. Solar Energy, 2014;99():115-125. Solar Energy can be contacted at:
Our news journalists report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Obama Seeks to Stay Neutral in CIA-Senate Conflict
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO