The Municipal Securities Rulemaking Board (MSRB) today published its annual Fact Book, an online sourcebook that analyzes trading data and other statistics for the
According to the MSRB, there were 10.6 million trades of municipal bonds during 2013, an increase of nearly 10 percent over 2012. The total par value of municipal securities traded in 2013 was
The 2013 Fact Book includes monthly, quarterly and yearly aggregate market information from 2009 through 2013. Statistics include those based on parameters such as interest rate resets, trade timing distribution, most actively traded securities, average daily volume, sector, maturity, source of repayment and trade data by credit rating.
Selected highlights in municipal market activity in 2013 include the following:
* The average daily number of municipal security trades rose 9.5 percent in 2013 to 42,188 from 38,544 in 2012.
* The average daily par value of securities traded daily in 2013 was
* Among the 50 states, bonds issued by entities in
* In 2013, the number of variable rate demand obligation and auction rate securities rate resets decreased 13 and 18 percent, respectively.
* The MSRB received 12,708 primary market document submissions in 2013, 14 percent less than the 14,716 received in 2012.
* The number of continuing disclosures submitted to the MSRB increased 6 percent in 2013.
The MSRB's market transparency products and research programs promote transparency and access to real-time, municipal market bond information. The MSRB makes this information available free of charge on its Electronic Municipal Market Access (EMMA(TM)) website. Daily and historical summaries of trade data based on security type, size, sector, maturity, source of repayment and coupon type are housed in EMMA's Market Statistics section.
Past editions of the MSRB's Fact Book can be found on the MSRB's website.
TNS 30FurigayJof 140226-4649129 30FurigayJof
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March