“This does not mean expensive, tech heavy devices are disappearing. There are still plenty of them. Just look at Apple iPhone and Samsung Galaxy for some ideas. However what this does mean is now there is also a push to the mid priced and low price levels. This means more devices for more users,” says Tech analyst
“As smartphone sales slow because everyone who wants one, has one, this new level is accelerating growth once again. Today customers can find smartphones priced at
“This lower price point opens up an entire universe of new customers for smartphone makers and wireless carriers. Not all customers are interested in these lower cost devices of course, but it does widen the market,” says principal analyst Kagan.
“This will impact all handset brands like Apple,
“Wireless networks also love this idea. Companies like
He offers comment to reporters and journalists on wireless, telecom, Internet, cable television, IPTV and other tech news stories.
Kagan is also known as a Tech Analyst, Wireless Analyst, Telecom Analyst and Principal Analyst.
Visit his website: at jeffKAGAN.com to learn more and for disclosures.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/JeffKagan_IndustryAnalyst/Lower-price-smartphone/prweb11622376.htm
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West