Romanian prosecutors have detained the head of financial supervisory body ASF, Dan Rusanu, for 24 hours and asked the court for permission for a 30-day arrest, Ziarul Financiar daily reported.
Former finance minister
Both are investigated in relation to the alleged attempt to favour Carpatica insurance firm. Rusanu has drafted and Chitoiu approved the ASF functioning law in a way that would allow Rusanu to further favour Carpatica.
Furthermore, Rusanu has reportedly instructed his subordinates to inform him about any investigation of anticorruption prosecutors, HotNews online news services informed. ASF employees were allegedly instructed to inform the human resource department on any DNA inquiries.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South