GOVERNMENT intends to create a special purpose vehicle (SPV) that will assume the
He was giving oral evidence on the central bank's debt and the capital adequacy for the
"What is happening in terms of RBZ debt is that we are not liquidating it at one go but the strategy that we are following is to create a special purpose vehicle which will assume the debt outside the RBZ book.
"So we are simply looking at parking the RBZ debt somewhere outside its books as opposed to immediately liquidating it and once we have the SPV in place, other new strategies will have to be taken to now deal with this debt without it continuing to affect the RBZ," he said.
Finance and Economic Development Minister
"Cabinet's decision of
Agribank chief executive, Mr
The move is expected to address capitalisation challenges that Agribank is facing which have continued to hamper its meaningful contribution towards the country's agricultural sector.
In the 2014 National Budget, the bank was allocated
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder