Internet penetration rate in the
"Mobile services are more reachable as citizens carry smartphones with them all the time compared to laptops. It is growing very fast,"
On whether different government apps will confuse consumers, Al Duwailah said there should be only one master app linking different government services that will be convenient and efficient.
"I hope the consolidation happen within three years. Currently, there is no standardisation in developing apps as they are developed on different platforms. Security is also a key issue," he added.
Increased focus on smart governance is also expected to positively impact information technology spending in the
"Government IT spending is set to grow 12.9 per cent to
"Most government services are online and they are now deploying them on mobile phones," George said.
About 38 per cent of all government services in
In May, His Highness Shaikh Mohammad Bin Rashid Al Maktoum, Vice-President and Prime Minister of the
"Fantastic progress has been made on the Smart Government Initiative by all government departments,"
Omnix is working with Statistics Centre Âˆ'
The first phase is complete and SCAD services on the mobile platform are expected to go live by November.
Omnix has already developed mobile phone solutions for the
"There has been an unprecedented momentum created across all government levels in the
"It is encouraging that so many governments within the GCC are taking great strides in order to meet the changing needs of their citizens. Specifically we have witnessed investment in e-government services double year-on-year in the
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March