The news reporters obtained a quote from the research from CSIR, "The average size of R-GNPs produced in resveratrol medium was ~35nm. The geometrical shape and zeta potential of the gold nanoparticles were spherical and -21.2 mV, respectively. R-GNPs showed excellent stability in saline and other buffers mimicking the physiological pH. The MTT assay using fibroblast cells from explants tissue revealed the biocompatibility of R-GNPs."
According to the news reporters, the research concluded: "The cytotoxic activity of doxorubicin loaded R-GNPs against glioma carcinoma cell line (LN 229), showed the suitability of R-GNPs as a carrier for anticancer drugs."
For more information on this research see: Resveratrol stabilized gold nanoparticles enable surface loading of doxorubicin and anticancer activity. Colloids and Surfaces B, Biointerfaces, 2014;114():138-43 (see also Oncology).
Our news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained by contacting
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation