DiaCarta, a technology-driven translational genomics and molecular diagnostics company located in
QClamp™ is a revolutionary new way to screen for somatic mutations, which utilizes a sequence specific wild-type template Xeno-nucleic acid "Molecular Clamp" (XNA) that suppresses PCR amplification of wild-type template DNA and allows selective PCR amplification of only mutant templates. This allows the detection of mutant DNA despite a large excess of wild-type template from any sample, including FFPE and whole blood.
The QClamp™ technology is particularly suited to “liquid biopsy” applications for the detection of tumor-derived, cell-free DNA in plasma or urine, which can achieve sensitivities equivalent or even better than droplet digital PCR (ddPCR). Utilizing only standard qPCR real-time instrumentation, QClamp™ Real-Time PCR mutation tests are highly sensitive and can detect mutated DNA even when the concentration is below 0.1%.
"The problem with sequencing technology right now, if you take a tumor sample, it's like a big haystack with a few needles in it,” Dr.
“Recent studies have demonstrated that DNA sequencing is one of the least sensitive methods for characterizing mutation with only 10-20% of mutated DNA detected.” DiaCarta CEO and Founder Dr.
DiaCarta, based in
For more information, please visit DiaCarta website at http://www.diacarta.com, or call at +1 (510) 3148858.
Read the full story at http://www.prweb.com/releases/2014/02/prweb11618720.htm
Most Popular Stories
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- Grand Jury Seated in Rick Perry Ethics Case
- The 420 on the Hemp Products Giveaway
- Five Secrets for Keeping a Job
- Alfonso Wins Executive of the Year Award
- Study: Casual Marijuana Use May Cause Brain Changes
- U.S. Homebuilder Confidence Edged Up in April
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter
- U.S. Highway Fund Nearly Broke, Jeopardizing Jobs
- Miami Attorney Being Honored for Charity Work