Our news journalists obtained a quote from the research, "It was found that OMMT homogeneously dispersed in the modified asphalt and intercalated OMMT/asphalt nanocomposites were prepared by means of melt extrusion. Additionally, from the penetration, softening point, and dynamic shear rheometer (DSR) testing result, it was observed that the OMMT obviously improved the high-temperature stability, temperature serviceability, and rut resistance of the matrix asphalt."
According to the news editors, the research concluded: "The bending beam rheometer (BBR) results indicated that the OMMT modified asphalt with OMMT dosage of 3 % exhibited the lowest stiffness and highest resistance to low temperature cracking, and had less effect on the relaxation of stress in low temperature in comparison with OMMT modified asphalt with OMMT dosage of 1 % and 5 %. Furthermore, it was found that the optimal dosage of OMMT was 3 %."
For more information on this research see: Organic Montmorillonite Modified Asphalt Materials: Preparation and Characterization.
The news correspondents report that additional information may be obtained from
Keywords for this news article include:
Our reports deliver fact-based news of research and discoveries from around the world. Copyright 2014, NewsRx LLC
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs