Sales of mobile phones in the
GfK did not provide a ranking by individual brands but according to CTK South Korea's Samsung kept its leadership position controlling 40% of the market.
There are 14mn active SIM cards in the country. The market saw the entry of more than 50 virtual mobile operators that started operating in 2013. The total number of clients of such operators is estimated at 600,000 to 700,000, accounting for a market share of nearly 5%, according to earlier media reports. A virtual mobile network operator is a mobile company that does not have its own spectrum or own network infrastructure but usually has business agreements with traditional mobile operators to use their networks.
Currently there are three traditional mobile operators active on the Czech market – Telefonica CR, Vodafone CR and T-Mobile CR.
Most Popular Stories
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Fuentes Makes NAHREP's Top 10 List
- Social Media Can Help a Company's Credit Line
- Hispanic Unemployment Eased in February
- Juanes Back to Singing About Love
- Boeing Freezes Nonunion Workers' Pensions
- Alfredo Ramos Martínez, Mexican Muralist, Symposium at Scripps
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes
- 2 Million Long-term Jobless Have No Benefits