The CML also welcomes the regulator's constructive approach to working with firms to encourage and help them to strengthen their approaches still further.
The CML's existing good practice guide for lenders, designed to help them meet the FCA's rules and requirements on arrears management, should also help support this aim. In line with the forthcoming changes to FCA rules coming in April following the Mortgage Market Review, the CML will be reviewing the guide to ensure that it is fully comprehensive and up-to-date.
CML head of policy
"Like the FCA, we recognise how important it is to equip staff to make good decisions and work in ways that treat customers fairly. We will continue to work with our members through our guides, conferences, and training to ensure that good practice is developed and embedded within firms."
CC AutoTriage1pm-140226-30TagarumaMar-4648424 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- FAA to Appeal Court Decision Allowing Commercial Drone Use
- Tesla's Alt-Energy Future Aims for Massive Lithium-Ion Battery Production
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- Rand Paul Tops Presidential Straw Poll at Conservative PAC Conference
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- New Chat App, Yik Yak, Causes Problems for Students
- Obama Meets with Ukraine Prime Minister Wednesday
- Arriola Takes Charge at SoCalGas