The CML also welcomes the regulator's constructive approach to working with firms to encourage and help them to strengthen their approaches still further.
The CML's existing good practice guide for lenders, designed to help them meet the FCA's rules and requirements on arrears management, should also help support this aim. In line with the forthcoming changes to FCA rules coming in April following the Mortgage Market Review, the CML will be reviewing the guide to ensure that it is fully comprehensive and up-to-date.
CML head of policy
"Like the FCA, we recognise how important it is to equip staff to make good decisions and work in ways that treat customers fairly. We will continue to work with our members through our guides, conferences, and training to ensure that good practice is developed and embedded within firms."
CC AutoTriage1pm-140226-30TagarumaMar-4648424 30TagarumaMar
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul
- Copper Plunges on China Jitters
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- U.S. Stocks Sink for 3rd Day in a Row