The money supply aggregate, M1 (currency in circulation plus monetary deposits, i.e., current accounts and call accounts at banks), increased by 1.7%, from AED 373.3 billion at the end of
The money supply aggregate, M2 which comprises of M1 and quasi-monetary deposits (resident time and savings deposits in Dirhams, commercial prepayments in Dirhams and resident deposits in foreign currencies), increased by 1.9%, from AED 1,036.8 billion at the end of
The money supply aggregate M3 (M2 plus government deposits at banks operating in the
Total bank deposits increased by 0.4% during the month of
During the year 2013, the monetary aggregate M2 increased by 22.5%, while bank loans and advances increased by 7.1% and total bank deposits increased by 9.5%, as a result of an increase in resident deposits of 12.6%.
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- 8 Million Signups Put Obamacare Ahead of Predictions
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Lilo Comes Clean on Celebrity Sex List