The money supply aggregate, M1 (currency in circulation plus monetary deposits, i.e., current accounts and call accounts at banks), increased by 1.7%, from AED 373.3 billion at the end of
The money supply aggregate, M2 which comprises of M1 and quasi-monetary deposits (resident time and savings deposits in Dirhams, commercial prepayments in Dirhams and resident deposits in foreign currencies), increased by 1.9%, from AED 1,036.8 billion at the end of
The money supply aggregate M3 (M2 plus government deposits at banks operating in the
Total bank deposits increased by 0.4% during the month of
During the year 2013, the monetary aggregate M2 increased by 22.5%, while bank loans and advances increased by 7.1% and total bank deposits increased by 9.5%, as a result of an increase in resident deposits of 12.6%.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Natural Gas Discovery Could Lead to Cleaner Fuels