News Column

BRD: New Guarantees Ceiling Worth RON 320 Million For 'First Home' Loans

February 26, 2014



ENP Newswire - 26 February 2014

Release date- 25022014 - BRD Groupe Societe Generale received from FNGCIMM a new guarantee ceiling worth RON 320 million, which will allow the bank to grant loans worth RON 640 million.

This is the biggest guarantee ceiling granted by FNGCIMM in the present stage of the 'First Home' program.

From the moment when it switched to local currency till now, the bank granted, in the framework of the 'First Home' program loans worth RON 360 million. The major part of them were granted to customers from Bucharest (30%), the remaining 70% being granted to customers all over the country. BRD's market share in the 'First Home' program in RON is 33%, whereas the market share calculated since the beginning of the program (2009) is 28%.

The average value of a 'First Home' loan in RON is of approximately 147,000 lei. From the point of view of age groups of 'First Home' loans beneficiaries, the most numerous are customers aged under 30 years (50%). 27% of the beneficiaries are between 31 and 35 years old, and 23% are over 35 years old. The youngest benficiary is 21 years old, and the eldest is 66 years old.

58% of the loan holders are men, and 42% are women. The portrait of a 'First Home' loan holder is: a man aged 32, from Bucharest.

Considering the criterium of the number of loans granted, the top of the first 10 counties is made of:

1.

Iasi

2.

Timis

3.

Brasov

4.

Cluj

5.

Constanta

6.

Sibiu

7.

Prahova

8.

Mures

9.

Galati

10.

Arges

The geographical split highlights the western part of the country (Transilvania, Banat, Crisana, Maramures), with 32% of loans, followed by Bucharest, with 30%, Muntenia (exclusive of Bucharest), with 24% and Moldova, with 14%.

BRD granted the first loan in the framework of the 'First Home' program. Started in July 2009, the program was created to support those willing to buy or build a home, through a low interest loan backed by a State guarantee. BRD grants 'First Home' loans in RON with a standard nominal interest of Robor 3M + 2.5 pp.

Besides its branches, BRD offers to customers interested in 'First Home' loans the possibility of calling the Vocalis First Home service, at 0800 803 803 (toll free number in Romtelecom network), 021 302 61 61 (normal tarriff number) or *BANCA (*22622 - normal tarriff number in Orange and Vodafone networks), from Monday to Sunday, between 08:00 and 22:00. Through this service, customers can have free counselling and pre-accepting analisys by phone, and obtain on the spot an answer to their loan sollicitation.

In addition, 24/7, those interested can obtain information on the First Home program by filling the form available at http://www.creditulprimacasa.ro/ or writing directly at primacasa@brd.ro.

BRD-Groupe Societe Generale is the second bank in Romania considering the total assets' volume and the first one in terms of major corporate clients and syndicated facilities at mid 2013. BRD - Groupe Societe Generale has 2.3 million customers and operates a network of approximately 900 units. With over 2.3 million valid cards and a network acceptance over 21,600 POS, and 1,500 ATMs, BRD is no. 1 on the Romanian card market. With factoring operations exceeding EUR 1 billion in 2012, BRD is the leader of the factoring market.

BRD is part of the Societe Generale Group, one of the largest European financial services groups. The group has 154,000 employees in 76 countries and 32 million customers worldwide in its three key activities:

*

Retail banking in France

*

International retail banking, financial services and insurance

*

Corporate & Investment banking, private banking, asset management and investor services


For more stories on investments and markets, please see HispanicBusiness' Finance Channel



Source: ENP Newswire


Story Tools