Sources close to the deal told Reuters that B&A Mineracao lost interest due to cost, risk and difficulty from an operational and political perspective.
Guniea's political instability have made mining companies and investors cautious of the West African nation, as weaker metals prices persists.
Questions over the preferred route to ship the iron ore to market has also been a major drawback of commercial mining in
BHP announced the intention to sell its
Most Popular Stories
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Senators Reach Deal on Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac
- GM Recall Poses First Major Test for New CEO
- El Empleo Rebota: La Columna Cohen
- Job Openings Less Than Expected in January
- Bob Crow Remembered as Shrewd Champion of Union Workers
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress
- Deborah Hersman Quits NTSB
- Swedish Journalist Nils Horner Shot Dead in Kabul