THE BOSS of the biggest Bitcoin exchange resurfaced yesterday to reassure investors he is working to get the site back online, as Japanese regulators started to investigate the closure that left an estimated
Mt Gox vanished on Tuesday, less than a month after halting withdrawals while it looked into a security fault.
Documents later emerged purporting to show a massive breach of the
"At this stage the relevant financial authorities, the police, the finance ministry and others are gathering information on the case,"
Trading on other exchanges showed the price of Bitcoin recovering yesterday, with coins changing hands for more than
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline