Bears took the charge of bourse on Tuesday and the KSE index lost its Monday’s gains with 28 per cent lower volumes.
KSE 100-index plunged by 214 points or 0.83 per cent to end the day at 25559.61 points as compared to 25773.81 points of the previous day. KSE allshare-index shed 169.72 points to end the session at 19099.96 points, KSE 30-share index lost 108.99 points or 0.58 per cent to close the day at 18645.76 points while KMI 30-reduced by 88.20 points or 0.21 per cent to conclude the trading at 42502.08 levels. Turnover of market was 226.662 million as compared to 283.428 million shares of the previous session and the value of traded stocks reduced to
Out of 367 companies, 262 closed in negative and 83 in positive while the values of 22 stocks did not change. The highest price increase was witnessed in
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11