Asian shares gained as Japanese shares retreated.
The Hang Seng Index in
BHP Billiton fell 1.3% as mining shares posted the largest fall among the 10 industry groups in the region.
SoftBank Corp. lost 1.3% after jumping 4.1% yesterday.
Panasonic Corp., which is pivoting away from consumer electronics, jumped 5.3% in
WorleyParsons surged 11% to
The Shanghai CSI 300 Index moved up 5.50 points, or 0.3%, to 2,163.41
Benchmark money-market rates fell to a seven-month low as central bank efforts to weaken the yuan boosted the supply of cash in the financial system.
In other markets;
Singapore's Straits Times Index lost 15.37 points, or 0.5%, to 3,088.25
The New Zealand Exchange 50 index regained 5.69 points, or 0.1%, to 4,973.20
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Three Americans on Missing Malaysia Airlines Plane: State Department
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study