This was due to higher interest income and Islamic banking income and lower allowance for loan impairment in line with the improved asset quality,
However, this was partially offset by the reduction in other operating income, lower share of profit in its associate company and higher overhead expenses.
Group revenue rose at a slower pace of 1.9 per cent to
"We have accomplished all our KPI (key performance indicators) targets for 2013 despite the challenging economic environment and the stiff competition that we faced.
"We look forward to continued improvement in our earnings in 2014, in tandem with our ongoing efforts and initiatives to grow the business of the group,"
Its customer deposits expanded by a strong rate of 10.3 per cent while gross loan/deposits from customers ratio stood at 79.1 per cent as at
The group registered healthy growth in its consumer segment, hence improving its ratio of consumer to corporate deposits from 24.3 per cent as at
In the fourth quarter alone,
Its revenue grew 2.5 per cent to
Most Popular Stories
- Where Are the World's Most Expensive Cities?
- Putin Gets Thumbs-up From Assad
- EU Breaks Off Talks With Russia
- House OKs $1 Billion for Ukraine
- Crimean Referendum Violates International Law: Obama
- BP Tripled CEO's Pay Despite Deepwater Horizon
- Nakamoto 'No Longer Involved' in Bitcoin
- Last Call for Hispanic Health Care Signups
- Florida Insurers Reach Out to Hispanics
- Cuba Accepts Invite for Talks With EU