This was due to higher interest income and Islamic banking income and lower allowance for loan impairment in line with the improved asset quality,
However, this was partially offset by the reduction in other operating income, lower share of profit in its associate company and higher overhead expenses.
Group revenue rose at a slower pace of 1.9 per cent to
"We have accomplished all our KPI (key performance indicators) targets for 2013 despite the challenging economic environment and the stiff competition that we faced.
"We look forward to continued improvement in our earnings in 2014, in tandem with our ongoing efforts and initiatives to grow the business of the group,"
Its customer deposits expanded by a strong rate of 10.3 per cent while gross loan/deposits from customers ratio stood at 79.1 per cent as at
The group registered healthy growth in its consumer segment, hence improving its ratio of consumer to corporate deposits from 24.3 per cent as at
In the fourth quarter alone,
Its revenue grew 2.5 per cent to
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Jack White Records Songs, Releases Vinyl in Hours
- 420 Pot Holiday Tries To Go Mainstream
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Malaysia, Flight 370 Relatives Talk Financial Help
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Delay in Ferry Evacuation Puzzles Maritime Experts
- Report: Next Iran Nuclear Talks Set for New York
- Easter morning delivery for space station