Plans for a social protection authority, to expand the scope of Qarz-i-Hasna Scheme, to establish a
The chief minister said the government had decided to launch the Khidmat Cards to provide relief to the poorest segments of society. He said the programme was an important welfare project under which low income people would get financial assistance.
He said the name and national identity card number of the head of the family would be engraved on the card. He said a social protection authority would be set up to consolidate all welfare-oriented programmes of the government.
He noted that the revolutionary programme to provide interest-free loans under the Chief Ministerís Self- Employment Scheme was continuing. He said loans worth
He said that interest-free loans had been distributed among people purely on merit and in a transparent manner.
He said the rate of repayment was 99.8 percent. He said that the programme of extending interest-free loans would be implemented in a more effective manner in the future, and its scope would be expanded to benefit more needy people.
Sharif issued instructions to form a committee headed by the provincial finance minister to submit final recommendations on the
He said in order to provide quality health facilities to poor families, health insurance schemes would be started initially in four districts including Chakwal, Hafizabad, Layyah and Rajanpur.
He said these would be extended to the rest of the province in a phased programme.
He said that under the health insurance scheme, insurance cards would be issued to poor families and modern treatment would be available in hospitals free of cost.
He said like other welfare programmes, the governmentís health insurance scheme would be furthered in a transparent manner and an international third party audit would be compulsory.
Earlier, advisor to Prime Minister Dr Musadaq Malik gave a briefing on the health insurance scheme and the
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11