According to AP, the Standard & Poor's 500 index rose eight points, or 0.5 percent, to 1,844 in the first few minutes of trading Monday.
The Dow Jones industrial average increased 81 points, or 0.5 percent, to 16,184. The Nasdaq composite rose 20 points, or 0.5 percent, to 4,283.
Jos. A Bank rose 7 percent after
Bond prices rose slightly. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note edged down to 2.73 percent from 2.74 percent Friday.
--SPA 19:23 LOCAL TIME
All Rights Reversed for Saudi Press Agency Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial