According to AP, the Standard & Poor's 500 index rose eight points, or 0.5 percent, to 1,844 in the first few minutes of trading Monday.
The Dow Jones industrial average increased 81 points, or 0.5 percent, to 16,184. The Nasdaq composite rose 20 points, or 0.5 percent, to 4,283.
Jos. A Bank rose 7 percent after
Bond prices rose slightly. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note edged down to 2.73 percent from 2.74 percent Friday.
--SPA 19:23 LOCAL TIME
All Rights Reversed for Saudi Press Agency Provided by Syndigate.info, an Albawaba.com company
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?