Net profit attributable to shareholders of the parent was
The decrease in profit attributable to shareholders of the parent is due to provisions taken at one of the commercial banking associates.
UGB managed to reduce interest and operating expenses.
Basic earnings per share of
Net profit in for the fourth quarter of last year was
Total income before interest and other expenses
Total assets at the end of last year was
"UGB has managed to maintain strong capital and liquidity positions throughout the year," chief executive Rabih Soukarieh said.
"Even though 2013 results were not in line with our expectations, our core assets and underlying entities are well positioned to benefit from the growth expected in 2014."
Capital adequacy ratio of 17.7 per cent last year against 23pc in 2012 exceeds the minimum regulatory requirement of 12.5pc. UGB board will not be recommending any dividend for 2013, it said. The bank's balance sheet remains strong with total equity of
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Depp, Pfister Are Tech Philosophers
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing
- U.S. Housing Starts up in March After Bitter Winter