Net profit attributable to shareholders of the parent was
The decrease in profit attributable to shareholders of the parent is due to provisions taken at one of the commercial banking associates.
UGB managed to reduce interest and operating expenses.
Basic earnings per share of
Net profit in for the fourth quarter of last year was
Total income before interest and other expenses
Total assets at the end of last year was
"UGB has managed to maintain strong capital and liquidity positions throughout the year," chief executive Rabih Soukarieh said.
"Even though 2013 results were not in line with our expectations, our core assets and underlying entities are well positioned to benefit from the growth expected in 2014."
Capital adequacy ratio of 17.7 per cent last year against 23pc in 2012 exceeds the minimum regulatory requirement of 12.5pc. UGB board will not be recommending any dividend for 2013, it said. The bank's balance sheet remains strong with total equity of
Most Popular Stories
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Obama Imposes Sanctions on Russian Officials
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- 'Walking Dead' Takes a Shocking Turn: Recap
- Ford Flies High on Speed