The S&P/TSX composite index inched up 0.07 of a point to 14,227.15.
Most of the big Canadian banks are reporting quarterly results this week.
The Canadian dollar slipped 0.07 of a cent to
U.S. indexes were up slightly amid data showing that severe winter conditions helped push U.S. home prices lower for the second straight month in December. The Dow Jones industrials gained 22.13 points to 16,229.27, the Nasdaq climbed 5.79 points to 4,298.76 while the S&P 500 index added 1.06 points to 1,848.67.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?