- New Market Insight captures investment opportunities across the global rotorcraft industry - over
A new Frost & Sullivan Market Insight, "
"Platform deliveries in
In the context of the existing biggest helicopter fleets,
The ongoing platform renewal cycle initiated ten years ago is presently driving several opportunities among different services segments. In the light of shrinking budgets, platform retrofit is being preferred against new platform acquisition across Western military and paramilitary end users. As a result, system integration opportunities during platform upgrades are expected to rise steadily at a CAGR of 2.71 percent in
On the other hand, helicopter maintenance and upgrades present interesting prospects in the medium term for new systems adoption, with avionics and mission systems. However, the line between platform acquisition and maintenance business models is becoming increasingly blurry in the Western regions, and market players are currently working on new business models options.
Emerging markets comprise significant opportunities among new helicopter procurements, with a forecast market size of
Price sensitivity is one of the most significant challenges being assessed by potential buyers, closely followed by technology transfer issues. Budget constraints and foreign military sales (FMS) also trigger potential new strategies from U.S traditional FMS packages.
"The question now is to look at the current military helicopter market situation and assess how to grasp upcoming opportunities," adds Leboulanger. "The two main strategies may be branding the offset and indigenisation promises or leveraging on FMS and loan packages for swift deployment. Both approaches might preserve leading North American and European rotorcraft manufacturers, but what would the impact be for other OEMs?"
Reinforcing bilateral trade and R&D could be one way to meet offset and foreign investment policies for emerging helicopter OEMs and system integrators. Other approaches may include implementing the theoretical concept of open innovation at the platform system level, or strengthening ties across helicopter logistic and maintenance support through common distribution channels.
If you are interested in more information on this Market Insight, please email
Corporate Communications -
P: +39.02.4851 6133
Web site: http://www.frost.com/
Most Popular Stories
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Maya Angelou Cancels Milagro Gala Appearance Due to Illness
- Spotify Picking up Echo Nest
- Getty Releases Millions of Images for Free Via Embed Tool
- GOP 2016 Hopefuls Face Off at CPAC
- Goya Nutritionist Answers Demand for Healthy Hispanic Dishes