The Standard & Poor's 500 fell three points, or 0.2 percent, to 1,844 in the first few minutes of trading Tuesday. Energy and bank stocks fell the most.
The Dow Jones industrial average fell 35 points, or 0.2 percent, to 16,171. The Nasdaq composite was flat at 4,291.
Investors will get a report on consumer confidence for February at
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- Quiznos Files for Chapter 11
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March