Following is the text of press note issued by State Bank of
Islamic Banking Industry in
The Strategic plan 2014 - 2018 is aimed at setting a consensus direction for the industry to be pursued over the next five years to augment the existing growth momentum and to lead the industry to the next level of development. The plan revolves around initiatives necessary for improving public perception of Islamic banking and promoting it as a distinct and viable system to meet the financial services need of the public in general and business community in particular.
The key focus areas of the plan are: A. Enabling Policy Environment, B. Shariah Governance and Compliance,
The functional strategies and action plan for achieving the objectives in each area have been developed in consultation with the Islamic Banking Industry, Shariah advisors, SBP Shariah Board members, academicians,
The successful implementation of this strategic plan, is likely to give further boost to SBP drive for development of the Islamic banking industry on sound footings and improving its acceptability and recognition as a distinct and viable system having capacity to better serve the financial services needs of the real economy.
The SBP also organized a two-day workshop on Islamic Banking and Finance exclusively for journalists covering State Bank of
The workshop was inaugurated by, Deputy Governor SBP Mr
For more information, contact:
Most Popular Stories
- E.U. Puts Sanctions on Russia, Ukraine Officials
- Crimea Seeks Financial Integration With Russia
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Jack Daniel's Resists Changes to Tenn. Whiskey Law
- Homebuilders Show Rising Confidence in Market
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Microsoft Releases Free OneNote for Mac
- Chile Shaken by Major Aftershock
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.