(Photo: http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140225/NY71373 [http://photos.prnewswire.com/prnh/20140225/NY71373] )
Context Platform presumes what situation the user is in by utilizing smartphone's diverse functions including camera, sensors, GPS and Wi-Fi. For instance, when a user is walking with a smartphone (embedded with the platform) in his pocket, the phone detects the user's repeated movement and speed via its sensors and GPS, and analyzes the collected information through an algorithm to come up with the conclusion that the user is "in a walking situation." Through repeated process of analysis, the platform becomes more smart and accurate.
In addition, based on customer's device usage patterns involving calls, SMS, SNS, schedule, and applications, the platform can figure out his personal connections, amount of spending, and time spent on games.
Along with Context Platform, the company is showcasing 'Life Log,' a service developed on this platform. Life Log automatically keeps track of one's daily lives (leisure, habit, health-related activities, etc.) and allows him to later look up past records and statistics.
Besides Life Log, Context Platform can be used to develop and offer many other services optimized for each individual's lifestyle. For example, a user can have his T Map automatically activated right before he leaves for work; receive a list of recommended songs upon arrival at subway platform on his way home from work; and set up an alert that warns him if he is spending more money than usual.
Meanwhile, as information produced by services based on Context Platform is highly personal,
"Along with Big Data, Context Platform is an important pillar of the newly emerging field of ICT intelligence," said
CONTACT: Irene Kim,
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress