Household credit totaled
Household credit refers to credit purchases and loans for households that have been extended by financial institutions, including commercial lenders and mutual savings banks.
The fourth-quarter gain compares with a
The BOK said the household debt growth accelerated during the fourth quarter as mortgage lending sharply increased ahead of the end of the government's tax breaks on home purchases, according to
In April, the government unveiled a set of measures to boost the slumping property market, including tax breaks for first-time homeowners. A temporary tax benefit came to an end in December.
Local banks' home lending grew
Their mortgage lending increased
Credit purchases stood at
Most Popular Stories
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?