THEY say there are two things one can't escape: the first is death and the second is tax.
I started working in 1968 and my salary was taxed every month.
Some of my after-tax money was invested in a retirement annuity.
This was to be my pension money when I became too old to work.
After more than 40 years of working, I retired. My pension fund started paying me a monthly allowance, but before I received the allowance, it was taxed again. And when I spend this, I have to pay value-added tax.
All in all, I have been taxed three times. This is very hard on pensioners and citizens over the age of 70.
Surely this is too much. Or am I not up to date?
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation