The company, which is banking on the successful completion of two power projects in
"The group is nearing completion of the feasibility studies of two mini hydropower projects in the
"Construction of these two hydropower projects is expected to commence in the second half of 2015," he told reporters after Cambodian Prime Minister
Both companies are wholly-owned by the
Present at the ceremony were the company's group executive chairman
CEL's 100MW coal-fired power plant project is a 30-year build-own-operate (BOO) concession project where the electricity generated is sold to the state-owned utility, Electricite du Cambodge (EdC). The project started construction in 2010 and achieved its commercial operation date in
CTL's project, meanwhile, consists of some 100km of 230kV transmission line and two substations; one located at Udong, north of
The privatisation of the
"Since going private," noted Sean, "the group has been reorganising its businesses to put more focus on its core businesses such as power, cable and metal."
He said the group registered revenue of approximately
"However, the main profit contribution was from our power division," Sean said, adding that with the two new Cambodian power projects commencing commercial operations, the group expects the contribution from its power division to be significantly higher this year and continue to be the main income generator.
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March