He was addressing the 9th Inaugural Session, co-chaired by Dr.
During his stay in
During the two-day JEC session, detailed meetings were held between the experts of the two sides on a number of issues, especially focusing on Trade, Commerce & Industry cooperation in Communication & Connectivity, Energy, Agriculture Livestock and Education
The status of various development projects being undertaken in
Addressing the inaugural session, Minister Zakhilwal expressed that, "I firmly believe that improved economic cooperation and interdependency between
The 9th J EC Session took several important decisions including acknowledging the progress made on the CASA 1000 and TAPI projects, which both countries keenly look forward to implement, realizing the importance of
And also acknowledging the importance of trade facilitation between the two countries, as the meeting agreed to undertake appropriate measures to enhance bilateral trade.
The meeting also agreed that all issues raised by the Afghan side on the implementation of APTTA would be considered by
The Afghan Government, on its part, agreed to expedite provision of electricity to the projects.
The Afghan government welcomed the extension of scholarship scheme for students from 2000 scholarships to 3000, while number of proposals for possible cooperation between
In addition to attending the JEC Session at
Finance Minister Dar also visited the under construction
Both the Finance Ministers also met the Governors of Nangarhar and Mazar-i-Sharif and attended official luncheons hosted in their honour during visit to the two provincial capitals.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset