ENP Newswire -
Release date- 21022014 -
The combined strengths of the two companies offers major smartphone and mobile device manufacturers
The partnership addresses the growing demand for next-generation biometric solutions that advance security and provide ease-of-use for mobile end users. IDEX and
Due to strong demand from mobile OEMs for higher-value touch sensors following the launch of the Apple iPhone 5S with TouchID, IDEX and
Concurrently, IDEX is continuing the development of its polymer-based flex sensor technology, which combines IDEX and its recently acquired PicoField technology, and offers benefits in high-flexibility of form factor, higher performance-to-cost ratio and disruptive cost compared with all silicon sensor solutions.
'We are extremely pleased to disclose our partnership with
'This collaboration brings forward the first touch fingerprint sensor solution into the mobile market from IDEX, addressing strong market pull. The combination of
IDEX is one of only a few companies with a rich patent-protected portfolio of intellectual property in fingerprint sensor technology. IDEX is focused on addressing the fast-emerging mass market in mobility, Internet access devices and other application areas. The company's core patents and Apple cross-license protection for low-cost sensors have positioned IDEX at forefront for the future of mass-market biometrics.
Tel: +44 7788 922 171
Tel: +47 4127 3360
Combined with core software solutions for imaging and authentication, the SmartFinger technology enables on-device enrollment, template storage and verification within the very same module. SmartFinger solutions can be seamlessly integrated into a variety of embedded applications such as mobile phones, one-time password devices, Smartcards, payment and ID cards, payment terminals, access control devices and biometric security and login tokens.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West