The optical fiber cable links the city of Sikasso (border of CÔte d'Ivoire and
Stretching over 1,064 km, this cable is funded by Sotelma (subsidiary of
It is part of the Trans African optical fiber cable of the
The setting up of this cable is meant to meet the growing demand for high-speed Internet by the international bandwidth.
This cable seeks to improve the connectivity of the region's countries and secure telecommunication traffic.
Most Popular Stories
- High-Tech Home Theaters Undergoing a Revolution
- Amazon Prime Grabs Classic HBO TV Series
- Sales of New Homes Fell 14.5 Percent in March
- Obama Opens Japan Trip with Sushi Stop
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Hollywood Bets Big Again on Summer Movies
- Nestle, Superior Grocers Promote Healthy Meals
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Bernanke Wishes He'd Explained the Crisis Better