The optical fiber cable links the city of Sikasso (border of CÔte d'Ivoire and
Stretching over 1,064 km, this cable is funded by Sotelma (subsidiary of
It is part of the Trans African optical fiber cable of the
The setting up of this cable is meant to meet the growing demand for high-speed Internet by the international bandwidth.
This cable seeks to improve the connectivity of the region's countries and secure telecommunication traffic.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?