The optical fiber cable links the city of Sikasso (border of CÔte d'Ivoire and
Stretching over 1,064 km, this cable is funded by Sotelma (subsidiary of
It is part of the Trans African optical fiber cable of the
The setting up of this cable is meant to meet the growing demand for high-speed Internet by the international bandwidth.
This cable seeks to improve the connectivity of the region's countries and secure telecommunication traffic.
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Pope Francis, Huge Crowd Joyously Celebrate Easter
- Automakers Turn to China to Fuel Sales Growth
- GOP Making Bold Play for Oregon Senate Seat
- GM Boosting China Production Capacity
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property