A first generation bank in
According to one of the security men, the fire incident started from the ATM section. The fire, according to him, escalated to the main banking hall where cash in the region of millions of naira and property were razed.
He stated that the story could have been different if they had access to the banking hall, adding that when they noticed a lot of smoke coming out of the banking hall, there was practically nothing they could do as the bank was under lock.
A source also disclosed that the bank management just loaded the ATM with money running into millions of naira on Monday evening.
Expressing fears that the money might have been consumed by the inferno. But no life was lost in the inferno.However, policemen attached to the
Our reporter gathered that some senior staff of the bank had been quizzed by the police in concerning the fire incident. The police authorities however said the bank staff were not arrested but only invited to make statement.
The post Fire razes first generation bank in Onitsha appeared first on
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia