- Ericsson Evolved IP Network solution for mobile, converged and fixed operators to support voice-IP convergence
- Provides one solution to deliver subscriber broadband services, such as triple-play, 2G/3G/4G and Wi-Fi over a unified IP transport using VPNs
- Integrated and implemented using Ericsson professional services, the solution typically comprises SSR 8000 and SP families of IP routers, MINI-LINK for mobile backhaul, and RBS-integrated access
Ericsson IP Network provides end-to-end transport from radio base stations, small cells and fixed access, to packet gateway connections to the Internet and other external networks. This enables delivery of subscriber broadband services, such as triple-play, 2G/3G/4G and Wi-Fi over a unified IP transport using Virtual Private Networks. User experiences are enriched through high availability and solution design integrity, which result from Ericsson's thorough understanding of broadband service delivery needs.
The solution is built on Ericsson's broad portfolio of IP service routers, Ericsson IP Operating System, network management, and microwave and optical products. Evolved IP Network is a multi-access, multiservice IP solution designed to deliver broadband services and service mobility using ethernet and IP/MPLS-based transport. It tackles key operator concerns in areas such as LTE synchronization, performance management and security.
Synchronization is indicative of the end-to-end design approach employed in the Evolved IP Network solution, with the implementation of time/phase-based synchronization being a key concern for LTE operators. Using the Ericsson SP 210 router, a key access component in Evolved IP Network, the leading Australian operator,
The trial clearly demonstrated all parts of an Ericsson end-to-end solution, consisting of radio and core network, IP transport elements, and Consulting & System Integration services.
The Evolved IP Network solution is pre-tested and verified, releasing operators from the need to perform complex system integration and vendor interoperability testing. Subscribers will benefit from the Evolved IP Network's superior performance, which is a result of Ericsson's depth of experience with previous IP/MPLS-based solutions for
You can find us at MWC in Hall 2, Stand 2S60.
Follow us during the event using @Ericsson and @Networked_Soc and join the discussion using #MWC14.
Insights from our experts and
Download high-resolution photos and broadcast-quality video at www.ericsson.com/press .
Ericsson is a world-leading provider of communications technology and services. We are enabling the
Our offering comprises services, software and infrastructure within Information and Communications Technology for telecom operators and other industries. Today 40 percent of the world's mobile traffic goes through Ericsson networks and we support customers' networks servicing more than 2.5 billion subscribers.
We are more than 110,000 people working with customers in more than 180 countries. Founded in 1876, Ericsson is headquartered in
For further information, please contact
Ericsson Corporate Public & Media Relations
Phone: +46 10 719 69 92
Ericsson Investor Relations
Phone: +46 10 719 00 00
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Justin Bieber Loses Cool Over Selena Gomez
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time