After-tax profit of
One of the largest players in the country’s life insurance industry,
The company’s board of directors have also recommended that bonus shares be issued in the proportion of 15 shares for every 100 shares held.
Premium revenues net of reinsurance of
Investment income and other income increased 33.9% in 2013 which, according to Naqvi, is a result of the company’s prudent investment policy. “Better stock market performance coupled with the company’s policy to invest only in selected blue-chips stocks resulted in higher unrealised capital gains and higher dividend income,” he said.
Based on a steep rise in premiums and investment income, the company’s top line increased 40.6% in 2013 to
Claims net of reinsurance increased 47.8% year-on-year in 2013. As for management expenses, which went up 16.8% last year, Naqvi said
In terms of total gross premiums written during nine months ending
“Based on the information available to date, we can confidently say that
Like Business on Facebook, follow @TribuneBiz on
Most Popular Stories
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Twitter Offers App Install Ads
- Judge Tells Dad to Quit Emailing His Kids in All Caps
- 'Boats 'N Hoes' PAC Sunk by Complaint
- Natural Gas Shoots Up on Bullish Stockpile Report
- Naya Rivera and Lea Michele: The 'Glee' Fight That Never Was?
- Larry Flynt Won't Stop Sending Porn to Congress
- Legalize Marijuana But Not Hard Drugs, Say Americans
- Michaels Data Breach May Affect 2.6 Million Cards