The meeting also enabled members of the Association to be educated on the operations of the stock market by a representative of the
He urged members to critically assess the financial statements of the various companies that are published in the national dailies to be able to ask fruitful questions.
He also called for the inclusion of minority shareholders on the various boards of companies listed on the stock exchange as their operations affected them.
"It is an undeniable fact that shareholders also have the right to determine who runs the company and have a say on broad policy matters and we are prepared to do just that in accordance with the companies' code of 1963," he said.
Mr Kwame Boa-Amposem, a representative of the
He said there were many advantages involved in the central securities depositories and they included the transfer of securities between accounts and the facilitation of the safe keeping of securities.
"Under the CSD system, there is total elimination of risk such as the loss, mutilation and theft of certificates associated with holding and trading of paper-based securities of investors," he said.
He said the CSD system had also brought a significant reduction in the errors and delays associated with paper-based manual processing and as a result brought efficiency in the clearing and settlement in the securities market.
Mr Boa-Amposem said there was no money involved in the opening of the CSD accounts and urged members of the public to come on board.
Most Popular Stories
- Can GOP Dodge Immigration Bullet?
- Ukraine Crisis Limits Losses in Gold, Silver
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Photo ID Required for Unemployment Benefits
- Tech Firms to Increase Hiring for 4th Year in a Row
- Job Fair for S.C. Grads
- Chiquita, Fyffes to Form Top Banana
- Big Earthquake Rumbles Northern California
- China's Money Rate Drops on Slowdown Concern
- Millennials Favor Saving Over Investing: UBS