By Lance Cpl.
While deployed for six months, the squadron provided electronic warfare support to Pacific Command in the event of major conflict or contingency operations. EA-6B Prowlers play a critical role in the suppression of enemy air defenses during combat operations, said Maj.
"As always, the Marines of VMAQ-2 performed exceptionally well, displaying the 'Can Do Easy' spirit of the squadron while exceeding all expectations," said Gosik, citing the squadron's motto. "The squadron overcame a heavy maintenance workload that enabled squadron aircrews to participate in valuable training opportunities that are not available at
A highlight of the deployment was integrating with PACOM after more than a decade of deploying in support of contingency operations in
"Having the opportunity to work with our allies in the region, like the South Koreans, was a unique experience, which benefited the squadron and helped it gain valuable knowledge," Gosik said. "Also, we participated in Exercise Forager Fury II at
Accomplishing their mission, the
"The ones who are really excited for him to get back are the children," said Maria. "Since it doesn't really get to me until he steps off that bus, I'll let them hug him first."
When the buses rolled up to the hangar a little past midnight, Garcia spotted his children and went straight for a hug.
"I am so glad to be back because it's been too long," said Sgt. Garcia, a power line mechanic with the squadron. "I was worried because we almost got stuck on the way here so I was afraid I wasn't going to be here in time for
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Iran Denounces U.S. Ruling to Sell Property
- Confusion, Anger as Sunken Ferry's Relatives Wait
- Nevada Range Showdown Draws Armed Supporters
- Report: Iran VP Says Row Over Reactor Resolved
- Fiat Chrysler to Build 3 Jeeps in China
- Putin: No Blocks to Boosting Relations With West
- Ohio Couple Married 70 Years, Die 15 Hours Apart
- NASA's Space Station Robonaut Finally Getting Legs
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text