The Standard & Poor's 500 index rose eight points, or 0.5 percent, to 1,844 in the first few minutes of trading Monday.
The Dow Jones industrial average increased 81 points, or 0.5 percent, to 16,184. The Nasdaq composite rose 20 points, or 0.5 percent, to 4,283.
Jos. A Bank rose 7 percent after
Bond prices rose slightly. The yield on the 10-year Treasury note edged down to 2.73 percent from 2.74 percent Friday.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- 'The Bachelor' Juan Pablo Picks His Love
- Software Writers Sought in Indiana
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- U.S. Stocks Lackluster in Morning Trades
- FBI Helping Ukraine Recover Stolen Billions
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress