Telecoms firm Tigo has launched a multi-currency mobile money transfer service for its subscribers in
The new service allows Tigo subscribers in
The system integrates currency conversion whereby money is sent in either
Save time and money
"This new product will save customers time and money. International senders currently have to go to a money changer to exchange
The new service is expected to benefit businesses in cross-border trade, diaspora families, truck drivers, importers and exporters from both countries.
First of its kind
"It is an added convenience that they can receive directly as Rwandan Francs because traditional money transfer companies mostly deliver only dollars.
''This product enables consumers not to worry about exchanging money," Tigo Rwanda general manager Tongai Maramba said.
The service was launched simultaneously in
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- 3 Shot Dead in Venezuela Unrest
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- Better Pay Means Bigger Profits: Strategist
- Several Texas Cities Top Job Search List
- Wall Street Rally Heads Off 3rd Day of Decline
- Senate Committee OKs Bill to Sanction Russia
- G7 Presses Russia to Pull Troops Out of Crimea
- Obama's 'Between Two Ferns' Appearance Has Conservatives Upset
- Banks Buying Little From Minority Firms: Study