The S&P 500 index rose 11 points, or 0.6 percent, to close at 1,847.61, barely missing its record high close of 1,848.38 reached on
The Dow Jones industrial average rose 103 points, or 0.6 percent, to 16,207.14 and the Nasdaq rose 29 points, or 0.7 percent, to 4,292.97.
Jos. A. Bank rose 9 percent after
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- Jittery Investors Dumping Russian Stocks
- JLo Turns the Tables in New Vid: 'I Luh Ya Papi'
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?