The large-scale manufacturing (LSM) sector registered handsome growth of 6.76 per cent during first half (July-December) of the current financial year 2013-2014 over a year ago mainly due to improved power supply to the industries.
The latest figures of
The main reason behind impressive growth in LSM sector is improved power supply to the industries. The
According to the
Major contribution towards positive growth was from textile 1.73 per cent, food and beverages 18.17 per cent, petroleum products 8.31 per cent, paper and board 17.5 per cent, pharmaceutical 0.55 per cent, fertilisers 28.75 per cent, electronics 12.2 per cent, iron and steel products 2.32 per cent, leather products 9.61 per cent, chemicals 5.27 per cent, non-metallic mineral products 1.04 per cent and rubber products 5.96 per cent.
However, some sectors like wood products witnessed a decline of 15.45 per cent, engineering products 24.84 per cent and automobiles 2.29 per cent during the months under review.
In electronic and electrical goods, production of refrigerators recorded a growth of 10.06 per cent; deep-freezers was up by 114.66 per cent; air-conditioners 116.45 per cent; electric bulbs 20.54 per cent; electric motors 37.21 per cent; switch gears 156.77 per cent and TV sets 17.88 per cent during the period under review over the same months last year.
However, electric tubes production witnessed a negative growth of 59.87 per cent, electric fans 3.12 per cent, electric meters 31.57 per cent, transformers 55.41 per cent; generating sets 100 per cent and bicycles 14.81 per cent during July-
The growth was witnessed in case of food, beverages and tobacco. The sector has adjusted weightage of 12.37pc in LSM basket.
Meanwhile, in automobile sector, tractors production was down by 34.55 per cent, jeeps and motorcycles 1.54 per cent during the period under review over the last year.
The production of trucks however was up by 25.18 per cent; buses 2.07 per cent, jeeps and cars 2.25 per cent and LCVs 29.10 percent during the July-December period in 2013 over the last year.
Most Popular Stories
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- Apple, HP, Intel May Take a Hit from Slowdown in Smartphone Sales Growth
- Elizabeth Vargas' Husband Marc Cohn Addresses Rumors
- Keurig Adds Peet's coffee, Alters Starbucks deal
- FDIC Files Lawsuit on Behalf of Banks Allegedly Hurt by Libor Scandal
- Motley Crue's Nikki Sixx Marries Model Courtney Bingham
- U.S. to Relinquish Gov't Control Over Internet
- Chinese e-Commerce Giant Alibaba Gears for IPO in U.S.
- Some California Cities Seeking Water Independence
- Will Missing Malaysian Jet Prompt Aviation System Change?