Samsung unveiled its Galaxy S5 smartphone in Spain, publicizing faster data connections, bigger display, improved camera and a built-in fingerprint sensor.
The South Korean smartphone giant revealed its latest standard bearer at the
Improvements were more incremental than giant leaps, and that is by design, Samsung head
"Our consumers do not want eye-popping technology or the most complex technology," Shin said. "Our consumers want beautiful design and performance, our consumers want a simple, yet powerful camera. Our consumers want faster and seamless connectivity, and our consumers want a phone that can help them stay fit."
That was a reference to the S5's health-monitoring features centered on the newest version of
As had been expected, the phone includes a built-in fingerprint sensor to let users unlock their phones with a fingerprint scan.
The S5 will bring faster WiFi and "extensive" 4G LTE support for U.S. carriers AT&T, Sprint, T-Mobile,
Most Popular Stories
- Top Hispanic Tech Companies Push for the Top
- 5 Notable Hispanic Technology Executives
- Taco Bell Rings Up Breakfast Menu
- Russia, Crimea Discuss Referendum
- California Establishes Center for Coffee Study
- China Urges Malaysia Flight Emergency Response
- Visa, MasterCard Team Up to Focus on Payment Security
- For Obama, a Last Stab at Improving Ties with Capitol Hill
- Sunday Starts Daylight Saving Time
- 'Holy grail of guitars' OM-45 Deluxe Available in in NY Auction