Rising bunker fuel prices are hurting shipping companies already hit by prolonged weak charter rates. According to
Industrial diesel is now priced around
He said fuel consumption made up 30 to 40% of the groupís shipping operational cost.
Miri-based Syscorp group operates a fleet of some 300 vessels, including chemical tankers, container ships, tugs and barges that serve domestic and international routes.
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Ukraine Loan Delayed While Congress Goes on Vacation
- Ukraine Moves Closer to Joining E.U.
- Venezuela Death Toll Reaches 28
- Navarro Celebrates 2 Years of Vida Mia
- Russia Holds Large Military Drills in South
- Herbalife Puts Off Meeting for Icahn Talks
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy
- Federal Gov't Deficit Continues to Decline