At least 33 sites ranging from online shopping sites to banking and gaming services were the targets of such unauthorized access last year, with the first evidence of large-scale hacking being found in the spring,
Victims may have their personal details stolen or have illegal purchases made through their accounts.
Blogging site Ameba was among the heaviest hit, with roughly 240,000 cases of hacks into its users' accounts. (QNA)
Most Popular Stories
- Koch Brothers Step up Anti-Obamacare Campaign
- Obama Administration Releases Proposal to Regulate For-Profit Colleges
- FDIC Sues Big Banks Over Rate Manipulation
- SoCalGas Reaches Record Spend on Diversity Suppliers
- Stocks Close Lower Ahead of Crimea Vote
- Vybz Kartel Convicted of Murder
- U.S. Consumer Sentiment Falls in Early March
- Is Malaysian Airlines Flight 370 in Andaman Sea?
- Ulta Shares Look Good on Strong Q4
- FDIC Accuses Big Banks of Fraud, Conspiracy