The price of oil rose Monday as another cold spell for the Midwest and Northeast was expected to boost demand for heating oil at a time when many refineries are undergoing seasonal maintenance.
Benchmark U.S. crude for April delivery gained
Natural gas futures were volatile, at one point nearing
At the gas pump, the average price for a gallon of gasoline rose a penny to
Brent crude, which is used to set prices for international varieties of crude, rose
In other trading on the
— Wholesale gasoline was flat at
— Heating oil fell
Most Popular Stories
- Major Phone Makers Sign Anti-Phone-Theft Pledge
- India Recognizes Transgender People as 'Third Gender'
- 'Beige Book' Federal Reserve Survey, April 2014: Full Text
- Brands Get Caught in Bitter-Tweet Traps
- Yellen Remarks, Market Data Give Stocks a Boost
- Michael Bloomberg Takes Aim at the NRA
- U.S. Job Market Still Needs Fed Stimulus: Yellen
- Dems in Energy States Back Away From Obama
- Is This Job Too Good to Be True?
- Man Arrested After Driving Stolen Car to Court Hearing