In the first 15 minutes of trading, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose 150.55 points, or 1.01 percent, from Monday to 14,988.23, after topping 15,000 for the first time since
Major advancers included glass, machinery and information and communication issues.
The 30-issue Dow Jones Industrial Average closed overnight at a one-month high. Major advancers included glass, machinery and information and communication issues.
Most Popular Stories
- #myNYPD Twitter Campaign Backfires for NYPD
- Justin Bieber's War Shrine Pic Causes Flap
- First Lady Announces Job Site for Veterans
- Wellness Programs Grow More Popular With Employers
- Tesla Expanding its California Operations
- Google, SunPower Team Up on Solar Power
- Boeing Flying High With Strong First Quarter
- Procter & Gamble Income Up on Cost Cutting
- Retirement: Why $1 Million Won't Be Enough
- FedEx Sued Over Deadly California Bus Crash