In the first 15 minutes of trading, the 225-issue Nikkei Stock Average rose 150.55 points, or 1.01 percent, from Monday to 14,988.23, after topping 15,000 for the first time since
Major advancers included glass, machinery and information and communication issues.
The 30-issue Dow Jones Industrial Average closed overnight at a one-month high. Major advancers included glass, machinery and information and communication issues.
Most Popular Stories
- Senate Dems Pull All-Nighter on Global Warming
- Why New Workers Can't Get Ahead
- myLINGO Translates Hollywood Films into Spanish
- Rand Paul Takes Pot Shot at Ted Cruz
- Obama Plugs ACA on Zach Galifianakis Show
- Toledo Jeep Plant Hiring Part-Timers
- Miley Cyrus Performs in Undies After Costume Goes Missing
- OECD Forecasts Slowdown in Global Growth
- Snowden Urges Silicon Valley to Resist Internet Spying
- Dianne Feinstein Accuses CIA of Spying on Congress