The unidentified woman told CBS New York that the driver knocked her unconscious during an altercation that took place after he picked her up at the corner of Broome and Mulberry street.
The driver allegedly told the woman and her fiancÉ that his credit card machine wasn't working and he wanted them to pay cash. When the woman told him she didn't have any, the cabbie stopped at Prince and
"He's screaming he doesn't trust anyone, he doesn't trust anyone," the woman said. "He punched me in the face. Square in the face with a fist. Knocked me off my feet and knocked me out."
The woman will be meeting with police to try and identify the driver.
"My jaw is swollen up. I can't open it. There's a ringing in my ear. My eye muscles are swollen and throbbing," she said.
Witnesses on the scene were reportedly shocked with what they saw.
"They were all yelling, 'you can't hit a woman,' 'you just hit a woman,'" the alleged victim said. "It's just insane. It could happen to anyone and that's what's so scary."
[CBS New York]
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy