"First quarter results are showing strong momentum for National Bank," president and CEO
"In personal and commercial Banking, loan and deposit growth remained strong and net interest margins improved on a sequential basis (and) . . .credit quality remained excellent," Vachon said.
"Wealth Management benefited from good organic growth and the contribution from newly acquired TD Waterhouse Institutional Services. Financial Markets also did well with solid client-driven activities and good cost control," he added.
Most Popular Stories
- Chinese May Have Spotted Malaysia Airlines Debris
- Social Media Causee Sleep Deprivation in Students
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- First-time Jobless Claims Drop Unexpectedly
- General Electric Plans IPO of Credit Card Unit
- U.S. Business Inventories Up, Retail Sales Down
- 'Candy Crush' Maker Files IPO
- First-time U.S. Jobless Claims Hit 3-month Low
- Why Buffett Bets Big on Green Energy
- SXSW Crash Kills 2, Injures 23