Ignoring the regional market pressure, the local bourse closed black ahead of annual earning and payout announcement in the coming week.
The Karachi Stock Exchange’s (KSE) benchmark 100-share index rose 0.67% or 170.46 points to end at 25,773.81.
“News regarding an increase in cement price and positive outcome on the Oil Marketing Companies’ margin meeting changed investor sentiments,” said JS Global market analyst
“Also, strong buying in blue chips, predominantly, in ENGRO (+4.3%) and
“Hub Power Company (HUBC PA +2.7%) also attracted investor attention at lows, while financials traded mixed with
“Cements managed to gather trading interest with volumes primarily in small and mid cap names, encouraged by
Trade volumes rose to 283 million shares compared with Friday’s tally of 232 million.
Shares of 368 companies were traded on Monday. At the end of the day, 201 stocks closed higher, 154 declined while 13 remained unchanged. The value of shares traded during the day was
Lafarge Pakistan was the volume leader with 38.6 million shares, losing
Foreign institutional investors were net sellers of
Like Business on Facebook, follow @TribuneBiz on
Most Popular Stories
- Dmytro Firtash, Ukrainian Billionaire, Arrested in Vienna
- Obama, Ukraine Discuss Russian Incursion in Crimea
- Obama's Overtime Initiative Praised, Condemned
- Republicans Warn Obama on Immigration
- Liberty Media Drops Sirius Bid
- West Readies Harsh Sanctions Against Russia
- Drake Wins Big MTV's Woodie Awards at SXSW
- Uli Hoeness, Bayern Munich President, Gets Prison for Tax Evasion
- Lady Gaga Roasts Self on Spit at SXSW
- Calumet Photo Files for Bankruptcy