ISTANBUL (CIHAN)- Recent data on bank loans in
According to the daily, more than half of the housing and consumer loan users -- almost 10 million people -- are in the low-income bracket, earning between TL 0 and 2,000 monthly. As of
The 12-month cumulative number of people using loans was at 14.1 million in
Considering the usage of consumer loans according to income categories for the same period, every 62 out of 100 people were in the TL 0-2,000 income bracket, while 14 out of 100 people were in the TL 2,000-3,000 bracket. Only seven out of 100 people using loans earn more than TL 5,000 monthly.
The report also pointed out that most of the loans have been used by middle-aged people, and that most spend their forties repaying debts. Considering the distribution of housing and consumer loans according to age groups, the 26-35 age group comprised the largest group of loan users, amounting to TL 122.7 billion, followed by the 36-55 age group with TL 32.7 billion and the 18-25 age group totaling TL 15.3 billion.
Considering the distribution of loans in the 12-month period as of
The number of people who cannot repay their personal loans have also been increasing in recent years. According to the daily, while the number of loan users who failed to repay their debt was at 308,519, by mid-February that number had reached 464,398 people. Meanwhile, 1.2 out of 16 million personal loan users have faced legal proceedings due to difficulties in paying back their loans in the same period.
(Cihan/Today's Zaman) CIHAN
Most Popular Stories
- Chobani Counters Competition With Expanded Lineup
- Reid: Bundy Backers Are 'Domestic Terrorists'
- Ex-BP Employee Settles Insider Trading Charges
- Venture Investments in U.S. Highest Since 2001
- Colo. Cleantech Program Calls for Entrepreneurs
- Hiring Fair for Veterans, Job Seekers
- Unemployment Rates Down, Job Gains Up in March
- Recordings Reveal a Not-So-Nice Martinez: Editorial
- VW Beetle Marks 65th Year in U.S.
- The Biebs Crashes Drake's Release Party